Create HPCVL Account Using Compute Canada Credentials
If You Are An Academic User...
- Users must first register with Compute Canada. You need the CC credentials for your HPCVL account application.
- If you are creating a new Research Group, please choose Faculty as your position. If you are a member of an existing Research Group, you will need your Principal Investigator's Compute Canada Role Identifier (CCRI).
- Once Registered and Logged into the Compute Canada site, you may proceed with creating your HPCVL Account by clicking on the Link or Apply for Consortium Account at the bottom of the My Account page then click on Apply next to HPCVL.
- The HPCVL Account form should be pre-loaded with your information. Please fill in any missing fields and hit submit.
If You Are An Non-Academic User...
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , this is handled on a case by case basis.
- All Users must read all policy documents.
- Print and fill out the Access Agreement. If you are a Principal Investigator, download this Access Agreement document, Otherwise, download this version of the Access Agreement document and fax or mail it to HPCVL
- Print and fill out any Licensing Statements for software packages that you will be using. Check the software faqs for futher information
Upon approval and receipt of a signed Access Agreement Policy, your account will be activated. The activation of your account typically takes a business day or two.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of our User Support personnel.
Once you have received your account information from HPCVL, you can proceed with using the HPCVL systems.
Link Existing HPCVL Account to Compute Canada Identifier
All existing and new HPCVL users must obtain a Compute Canada Identifier (CCI). This CCI must then be Linked to their HPCVL account. Once you've received a CCI, please contact us at HPCVL in order to Link your existing HPCVL account with this CCI.
Note: All users must read, complete, and fax/mail in the Access Agreement above.
Fax: (613) 533-2015.
Top 10 Reasons to Join HPCVL
Click to view PDF version of the HPCVL Top 10 List.